Monday, May 5, 2008

Mississauga 2008 - The Clock is Ticking

The Mississauga Marathon is almost here (May 11). The final count down is approaching for the half marathon I signed up for. Normally I'm more exuberant about my races, but this time I'm not (at least, not yet).

My season was supposed to be preparing for the Mississauga full, but a snowboarding injury in January sidelined me for five weeks. Besides ruling out a full, it also impacted my level of fitness when I did get back to training. That being said, in the past six weeks I've had great progress and some really good runs.

Taking all of this into account, I am mulling over my target time. My best half is about 1:35, and I don't think I can crack that this time. But I need to set a target, so I have some more pondering to do.

I will let you know how the week goes and I will update you on my results!

No comments: